Wednesday 24 February 2010

Feminine Identity

Image title - Masked
A sexual desire is something to be kept perhaps in the bedroom, but some people say that love makes the world go round and if so whats the correct answer? In the making of this image I wanted to create full attention on the unzipping of the corset to fill the photo with power to reveal this sexual need in this identity. However the face creates a mysterious look and I've used this to just show an uncertainty in her idenitity but the eye becomes dominent against the black on the face and prevails to show confidence in herself.
To make this image I used a high key set studio with a digital SLR camera. To get this mask effect on the face I used face paints to give its dramatic contrasty look. I also used constrast on the mask and corset using photoshop to force strength into these areas. To make this look I wanted to give innocence to the subject with a bit of a tilt on the head with the glare into the camera to provide desire, with the corset reveal a sexual sense. To light the subject I used a large softbox slighty high camera left, this allowed the hand to be smoothly highlighted along with the corset and face.
Image title - Revealed
I really enjoyed working on this image as it has a great form of beauty involved with it looking natural with an interesting contrast on the hair. In this image I wanted to use this idea of the hair being pulled back to reveal her personality/identity. The face not being completely visible to the camera allows the subject to provide the image with this need to expose the whole identity, but becomes more of a forbidden feel. This secrecy shows a great example in what I'm trying to present in how we hide our emotions sometimes and we feel forced to hide what our real identity is.
To make this image I used a low key set studio with a digital SLR camera. The hair became a great use of inspiration to my shoot and once I had the shot I knew I would use it, as it reveals powerfully the message I am trying to give. I worked on photoshop to provide a soft look on the back and to provide contrast on the hair, hand and the face. The soft lights high camera right used in the studio helped to give a subtle effect on the subject and this works greatly with the subtle pose.

No comments:

Post a Comment